Save the Children
- Save the Children is an international non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children. Save the Children requested help from SWB to design an analysis plan for a longitudinal cohort study of nearly 2,000 children in Tigray, Ethiopia, as part of a long-term evaluation of sponsorship-funded integrated programming.
- Sponsorship-funded programming operates in the areas of maternal and child health, early childhood care and development, basic education, school health and nutrition, and adolescent development.
- This valuation focuses on educational and early childhood interventions. Data will be collected every two years from 2017 and continuing through 2027.
- Statistical challenges include analysis of missing data, definition of random effects and correlation structure, use of propensity scores, and causal inference.
- SWB’s team includes a graduate student and a medical school professor, both in the US, a post-doctoral fellow in Spain and a semi-retired academic researcher from Canada.
All photos credit: Save the Children - Ethiopia